Whether you've been driving for decades or you're a new driver on the road, there are certain things that every car owner should know that they don't always teach in Driver's Ed. Driving can be highly unpredictable and knowing how to change a tire or jump start your car in a tough spot can be a lifesaver, and end up saving you money on a tow. You will also be able to help a friend or family member in need if they find themselves in one of these tricky situations.
Here are some things that we believe every driver should know how to do:
- Change a tire - getting stuck with a flat tire can be stressful, but knowing how to change a tire and having a spare along with tire changing tools with you at all times can save the day.
- Check tire tread - your tires should always have good tread, so learning how to check tire tread can help you keep safe on the road. Plus, all you need is a penny!
- Check tire pressure - tire pressure is important to your safety, and being able to check your tire pressure when a tire pressure warning light comes on is helpful.
- How to jump start your car - a dead battery can strike at any time, so having jumper cables and knowing how tp jump start your car can save you money on an expensive tow.
- How to check oil levels - having the proper oil and fluid levels is key to the overall performance of your vehicle, so understand how to identify different fuel tanks and checking their levels as well as condition will help you identify when fluids need to be filled or changed.
All of the points listed above are key items that every driver should know, and it is never too late to learn them! If you have any questions about your vehicle, don't hesitate to give us a call here at Trinity Auto Haus for assistance.